Pirates capture the Crooked River Lighthouse
"There be PIRATES here!
Laurel Newman reported: On Saturday, January 18, the good ship Carrabella in the Crooked River Lighthouse Park in Carrabelle was captured by a band of pirates, a.k.a. the Capital Chordsmen’s Barbershop Harmony Chorus .
Members of the group, in full pirate regalia, (think “Pirates of the Caribbean”) were on site to shoot promotional stills for their upcoming presentation of “Heigh Ho – It’s a Barbershop Harmony Show” at Tallahassee Community College Turner Auditorium on Saturday, June 14.
The Chordsmen were enjoying their roles as pirates, and a chorus of “Aaargh!” was frequently heard echoing from the ship’s deck during the shoot.
Before leaving for their return to Tallahassee, the group formed up on the lighthouse steps and treated Lighthouse Museum staffers to a harmonized rendition of “Shine on Me.”
And a fine tune it was, mates."
I hope there will be photos to follow!!
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Quilt donation raffle
- Fire at the Crooked River Lighthouse Park
- Winter 2015 Newsletter
- Tom Mason song for the Crooked River Lighthouse
- 2014 Lantern Fest
- Lighthouse Songwriting Contest
- Bike Path Dedication
- Photos of the Crooked River Lighthhouse
- Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting
- HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
- Winter 2013 Newsletter
- Movie Night at the Crooked River Lighthouse
- Pirates capture the Crooked River Lighthouse
- Carrabelle Beach Bike Path
- Movie night at the Crooked River Lighthouse
- Lantern Fest Thank You
- Movie night at Crooked River Lighthouse Park, 11/7/2013
- Lantern Fest Demonstrators
- Lantern Fest Story Teller
- Lantern Fest Silent Auction